We are now three months into the quilt along, and I found myself with 10 lovely Crossroads blocks. I\’ve been storing them in a raggedy plastic bag so they don\’t get dusty. (Raggedy plastic bag, dusty sewing room . . . I am not painting a very pretty picture here.) I decided to do something about that, and since dusting didn\’t sound like fun, I instead chose to make a Pouch with a View to protect my lovelies! This pattern is available from Three Owls Handmade on Etsy. I admit I was a little nervous, as I had never sewn on vinyl before. But it was a really fun change of pace and I know I will make more in the future! The pattern instructions are terrific and include four size options. I made the large pouch which is 11\” square.
If you are quilting along, be sure to share your progress and creations on the Crossroads Facebook Group and also on Instagram using the hashtag #crossroadsquiltalong! It\’s so inspiring to see everyone\’s creations using different fabric lines!
- Joanna of Fig Tree Quilts (@figtreequilts)
- Pat Sloan (@quilterpatsloan)
- April of Prairie Grass Patterns (@amrosenthal)
- Tina of Emily Ann\’s Kloset (@emilyannskloset)
- Melissa of Oh How Sweet (@ohhowsweet)
- Angie of Gnome Angel (@gnomeangel)
- Vanessa of Lella Boutique (@lellaboutique)
- Melissa of Happy Quilting (@happyquiltingmc)
- Erin of Why Not Sew (@whynotsewquilts)
- Greg of Grey Dogwood Studio (@greydogwoodstudio)
- Sondra of Out of the Blue Quilts (@sondradavison)
- Sedef of Down Grapevine Lane (@downgrapvinelane)
- And my Instagram handle is @taunjalynn