Hello quilting friends! I’m popping in today to share a fun little mini I made recently, the 4thof July Flag by Lori Holt of Bee in My Bonnet. This block is a free tutorial as part of Lori’s Vintage Block Along series.
The finished block measures 13” x 20” and is just one of many blocks that will be sewn into the finished quilt in Lori’s newest sew along. I didn’t have enough time in my sewing schedule to join the Vintage Block Along, but I sure had fun whipping together this festive flag.
Don’t you love a quick and easy project that allows you to sew from your stash? My block includes the following Moda fabrics:
- Navy pin dot (Sweet Tea by Sweetwater)
- Navy geometric (upcoming Harvest Road by Lella Boutique)
- Neutral geometric (upcoming Harvest Road by Lella Boutique)
- Neutral text print (Sweet Tea by Sweetwater)
- Neutral cross hatch (Return to Winter’s Lane by Kate & Birdie)
- Red plaid (Return to Winter’s Lane by Kate & Birdie)
I suppose I better sign off and get to work. I have some quilting and binding to do. I really hope to have this small quilt ready for the 4th of July . . . 2019!!
Thanks for stopping by!
5 thoughts on “4th of July Flag Block”
Boy you finished that quickly and it is cute. I hope to make one as well! Have a good day! 🙂
It looks great! I love it!!!
Thanks Helen! It was a fun afternoon make!
It's such a quick make. You'll love it!
I love this Taunja! Oh gosh, so pretty