This spring I stitched up my Star Crossed Pines pattern using the new winter collection by Lella Boutique, called Christmas Morning. This beautiful collection features an array of cranberry, sage and silvery gray prints. While I was working on Star Crossed Pines, I knew I’d have to make another project with this gorgeous fabric, and I decided on my Fat Quarter Flourish pattern.
Fat Quarter Flourish finishes at 20 1/2″ square, and the top is made from just five fat quarters. It’s quick to sew and easy to finish yourself with simple straight line quilting. This is definitely a project you could complete well before Christmas. It would be a lovely wall hanging, table topper or candle mat for your home. It would also make a treasured gift for someone you love.
When I finished my Christmas Morning version of Fat Quarter Flourish, I had a hunch that many of you would enjoy making this mini quilt as well. Kits are available on my Etsy shop. (UPDATE: KITS SOLD OUT IN 12 HOURS. MY APOLOGIES.) Each kit includes:
- Paper Pattern
- Fabrics as shown in photograph (five fat quarters for top: 2 green, 2 red, 1 white)
- 1/4 yard binding: Cranberry Stripe 5148-16
- (Backing fabric is NOT included.)
Each kit will also include a slip of paper with the color substitutions for the pattern. I would suggest writing these changes in pencil in your pattern, to help you keep everything straight as you are cutting and sewing.
- Blue > Green floral (Moda’s name: Pine Snow Blossoms 5140 15)
- Red > Red dot (Moda’s name: Cranberry Magic Dot 5147 16)
- Yellow > Green geometric (Moda’s Name: Pine Bright Star 5144 15)
- Green > Red geometric (Moda’s Name: Cranberry Comfort 5146 16)
- White > White tone-on-tone (Moda’s Name: Snow Winter Flora 5143 11)
While cutting fabric for kits is time consuming, it really does bring me happiness. I myself know that little thrill of receiving a quilt kit in the mail. With each kit I make, I imagine the happiness it will bring to one of you.