Note: I\’ve also made a shorter version of this runner.
Check out this post: Sprucing up my Coffee Station.
Instructions: Stacked Coins Table Runner
Finished Size: 17” x 60 1/2”
6 Fat Quarters
3/8 yard binding
Batting (25” x 68”)
Backing (25” x 68”)
1. Select (6) fat quarters (3 red, 3 white).
2. From each fat quarter, cut 5 strips that are 2 1/2” x 20”.
3. Sew strips in pairs and then sew pairs into (5) units. Press to the darker fabric each time.
4. Sew (5) units together to form one long runner. Press to the darker fabric each time.
5. Fold in half twice, making sure you keep all seams straight. (You can sort of “feel” and peek inside to ensure that you have kept the seams straight/parallel to one another.)
6. Trim the right edge to get a straight line. (Left-handed friends, do the opposite.) Use the lines on your ruler to ensure your cut is perpendicular to the stitched seams.
7. Flip the folded unit. From your clean cut edge, cut (3) strips that are each 6” wide.
8. Unsew one small section of 3 strips from the top of the middle row and sew it to the bottom of the middle row. That is how you achieve the nice red and white stagger.
9. Next, nest the seams and sew the long vertical rows together to form a runner. Press seams open.