- For the past 10 months I have had a quilt hanging in my guest room with the binding half done. Yep, hanging on the wall for all the guests to see . . . a really pretty quilt with red polka dot binding flapping in the breeze because the quilter in the house hadn’t found the time to tack down the binding.
- My husband is a terrific cook, and he enjoys cooking. So, if I get into a weekend sewing trance, he is the one who pulls me back to reality with a good meal. It’s so nice of him to keep me fueled for more sewing.
- I rarely watch TV. There are only two things I will make sure I watch on TV: Fixer Upper on HGTV and the Minnesota Vikings football games. TV for me is mostly background music for sewing. That’s a good thing.
- I haven’t read a book in months. That’s a bad thing. I love to read and have several good books on my night stand. But I’m in quilt addiction mode right now. No time to read.
- My multi-tasking abilities probably aren’t a good thing. I start and stop a lot of projects. I can easily get all hyped up reading through a pattern and then cutting out the pieces, only to set the project aside for months. Oops!
- My house is probably 75% clean at any given time. But hey, that’s good enough.
- I water my potted plants daily in the warm summer months. I only weed the flower beds once every couple of weeks. (And that may be an exaggeration.) I expect my perennials to grow really thick and close together so they choke out the weeds for me.
- My windows haven’t been washed in 2 years.
- If my husband and the kids go fishing for a weekend and I don’t make plans with family or friends, I might sew from sun up to sun down. I will have a bowl of cereal for lunch and popcorn for supper. I might not even leave the house. I will shower each morning, but I may put pajamas back on and wear them all day.
I want to give a little shout out to my friend Nancy Jolene Quilting for her stellar custom quilting on this piece. Nancy, you are wonderfully talented!
Thanks again for reading! I\’m really hoping you get carried away as often as I do!